Thursday, September 23, 2010

it's fall ya'll!

God is amazing at giving us 4 seasons to look forward to each year. I love aspects of each season, but my love for Fall out weighs them all! Yesterday, September 22, marked the first official day of fall. I absolutely love fall. As I left my other love, Kroger, I was thinking of all the fallish things that I love so much. I thought that I could make a list a 500 long, so I am gonna go for it.

Why I love Fall:
1. Beautiful trees in Auburn, AL
2. Pumpkin bread
3. Fall decorations (no witches, please!)
4. Weather getting cooler
5. Fall clothes
6. CANDY, but especially, candy corn
7. Pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks 
8. Pumpkin smelling candles
9. Breaking out the scarves and fall-like accessories
10. Auburn football (college football, in general)
11. Experimenting with pumpkin recipes (more to come!)
12. Time with family
13. Thanksgiving meal 
14. Engaged to my wonderful husband (October 17)
15. The farm
16. Roasted pumpkin seeds
17. Cute trick-or-treaters at my door
18. The sight downtown Auburn on Halloween night (what are people thinking?!?)
19. Being able to run more than 3 miles without having a heat stroke
20. Pumpkin spice flavored coffee creamer

Ok, so I guess I can't come up with 500 reasons why I love fall, but I do believe it is the MOST wonderful time of the year! I am sure I will think of more as soon as I post this, but I think 20 will get the point across. I hope to try more pumpkin recipes this fall, and I will be sure to share.

Nathan Angelo sings a song dedicated to Autumnal equinox, and of course I listened to it yesterday as I went to work, but it did not get me near as excited about fall as it usually does, because when I got into my car it was a whopping 98 degrees outside. Hopefully, God will give us grace, and give us cooler weather! I can tell its coming because on my way home today from Montgomery, the leaves were falling!! Yay! I hope to capture some of the Auburn trees with my camera and I will be sure to post, the best description I can give its beauty is that its so colorful you would think it was springtime! Enjoy fall!

2 comments: