Sunday, September 19, 2010

i love weekends.

We had a full-house this weekend with Joseph's brother, Wesley, and his girlfriend, Leah, and our friend, Eric all stayed with us. We had a good time Friday night, celebrating Nichole's completion of her COMPS for school by going to Sky Bar. Well, to say the least it was terribly crowded and Joseph and I were in bed BEFORE midnight. :) Aside from the crowded bar, we enjoyed spending time with friends, away from school work.

Joseph has a HUGE test Friday. He has been working non -stop preparing for this test. He even woke up at 7:30 Saturday morning (I guess going to bed early paid off for him!) to study before we went to the tailgate. I am so proud of him! I decided to wake up an go for a run, hoping that the weather would feel like it did the last time there was a home game at Auburn, boy was I wrong!! It was so hot Saturday.

Joseph and I had such a great time tailgating. We have such great friends and we truly enjoyed making our rounds. We did our usual tailgate party with Suzanne and her crew. I made boiled peanuts this weekend and learned a new (and better) way of boiling peanuts! I put them in the crock pot. It was so easy. I did have to boil them down the old-fashioned way for about an hour so that all could fit! Once I did that I put the crock pot on high for about 5 hours. They were a great treat for us to sample when we got home from the bar! Here are a few pics from our tailgate.

Suzanne and her wonderful boyfriend, Shane. Shane made jello shots for the occasion. Let me tell you, whatever Shane does with alcohol, he does well! Last home game he made some concoction called "voodoo juice" It was delicious! Now, he didn't make ordinary jello shots this week, of course. Here is his recipe:
orange jello
cranberry juice
peach schnapps
vodka
THEY WERE AMAZING!!
The Drake boys- Wesley, Ben and Joseph


My beautiful friend, Brittany. We stopped by the Jackson-Thornton (where Brittany will be employed in August!) tailgate. We saw a lot of people we knew there! 

This weekend Auburn played the Clemson Tigers. I am not a huge football watcher, even my beloved Auber Tigers, but this weekend, I was unusually glued to the TV, until about the 3rd quarter, when things got exciting. I woke up (haha) with a score of 24-24, and I was like WHAT?!?! So yeah, close game I hear! I did get to see the lucky over-time win. Overall, this weekend was great and I even made it to the gym on Sunday! Go me... not really.

1 comment: