Wednesday, November 10, 2010

happy 80th birthday, pawpaw! (x2!)

This past weekend, my family and I got the chance to drive to Texas to take part in a surprise birthday party for my PawPaw and his identical twin brother. They are absolutely precious and they were completely surprised, and very  surprised to see the Alabamians there. It was a very short trip, but a wonderful one nonetheless. We were able to see a lot of family and it was a great time.
 Here are the celebrities:
My PawPaw is on the right and Uncle PawPaw is on the left. 
As cute as ever about 80 years ago...

I love the fact that we have twins in our family. My uncle PawPaw has twin grandchildren, they are so pretty, and identical! Maybe Joseph and I will be blessed with cuteness times 2, not that he particularly wants TWO at the same, but I think it would be great! Here are my cousins with the PawPaws.
Told you they are pretty...

We were also able to see my mom's side of the family, and especially we got to see my Uncle Artie Paul. Uncle Artie, is a special man to our family and by God's grace and His perfect timing, we were able to see him one last time before he went to heaven. We got to see him Friday and he passed away Monday morning. I am sadden by the thought, but so incredibly grateful for a Mighty God who is in control of everything. Uncle Artie, I am so glad you are no longer suffering and you get to see MawMaw. I will always remember you and how you always made us laugh, even last Friday.

Sorry to end this post with sadness, but "there is a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance." God's timing is perfect, praise God we are not in control!
In loving memory, Uncle Artie Paul 

1 comment: