Thursday, December 1, 2011

i'm still living...

My goal was to make it to a year, but obviously I gave in to this all-time longest-over due post ever! I guess the title has summed everything up... I've been living! Which means, no time for blogging. A lot has happened since March 2011. First being, I am no longer 23... and well, a lot more. In a nut shell, which I don't want to bore you, so bullets!

  • Joseph finished his 1st year of pharmacy school and did AWESOME! And to also say, he is one day away from finishing his 1st semester of his 2nd year of pharmacy school and he survived! (So did our marriage)... haha it was never on edge but the 2nd year of pharmacy school is the hardest! I totally agree and he is half-way there. He's got it!
  • I finished my UAB internship, landed an amazing job and PASSED my RD exam. I am now officially Allison Drake, RD, LD who is getting paid. It is nice. I work at Lanier Health Services in Valley, AL as the Clinical Dietitian. Nutrition is my passion and I absolutely LOVE my job. God is good!
  • Joseph's brother got married this past summer (June 2011) and they are now expecting their first child! So happy for them and can't wait for all the fun festivities that come with a new child. 
  • Our good friends, Nick and Nichole, got married this summer too (July 2011). They now live in Auburn and we LOVE having our close friends CLOSE!
  • We joined a church, Plains Presbyterian Church. We have made some wonderful friends and absolutely love the sweet spirit there. God has truly blessed us. 
  • Joseph and I celebrated one, wonderful year of marriage (June 19!). Joseph is a wonderful husband and I am so blessed to have him!
  • My beester B got ENGAGED! (Aug 27? I think). Her ring is absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy to have Matt to be OFFICIALLY in our family. Their wedding is set for March 17, 2012. We are so excited!
  • My mom had a birthday (April 6). She is now the big 5-0 and is fabulous. Matt had a birthday (May 29) and he is now 29. OMG 1 more year til 30. I had a birthday (Aug 31) and I am now 24 and still act 12. Dad had a birthday (Sept 6) and is now 52 and is still riding like 20 miles+ a week on his bike. Beester B also had a birthday and she is 27. Dang, girl!
  • Audrey, our niece had her 1st bday as well... June 21 (two days after our wedding day :)). 
  • Joseph's brother, Wesley got engaged too! Leah and Wesley are tying the knot on March 10, 2012. We are already enjoying all the wedding festivities. 
  • Our brother-in-law, Jeremy, returned home safely from Iraq! We are so happy to have him home!
  • Obviously, I am forgetting a bunch of amazing things that have happened in the past 8 months- dang I could almost have a kid and y'all would have never known! Ha, but no, not yet! :) Overall, God is faithful, I am not. He always provides and we are so blessed beyond words!
Here are some pictures to re-cap the past 8 months!

"50" reasons why we loves mammers on her 50th bday. 

Fam jam pic at mom's bday celebration. 

Lanier is right on the Chatahoochie River, so I have AMAZING views a work. 
This is the view from our cafeteria. 


Official documentation. 

 1 year anniversary ring from Joseph. He is so sweet and thoughtful. 

 Flowers delivered to my work for our 1 year anniversary!

 Audrey's precious bday cake!
 Miss Audrey Grace

 Opening presents. 
 Time to dig in!

Rehearsal dinner for Nick and Nichole. 

Me with the bride. 

Bridesmaids pic. Getting ready!

Me with cute boy. We were both in the wedding.

Married, alas! Chowing down :)

 Dad and I celebrating our bdays together.
 I love that our bdays are only a week apart!

Bentley! He's so sweet. He is such a joy to our life!
He also had a bday too! He is now over 1 year old!! :)


Most recently, THANKSGIVING! 
 *Some* of the Drake men. Joseph, his dad, Wesley, and Jamesey boy.

 Caro with Bentle Mentles. 

 Me and Beester Bride. 

 Cute parents!


 It feels so good to be together, we were just missing Matt! :(

Ok, so hopefully you are somewhat up-to speed. Hopefully, I can at least try to blog every 3 months instead of every 8 months. I hope you enjoyed the quick up date on the Drakes! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment